(Turnberry Resort) One of my favorite things about living in London is the ability to take a weekend trip to a new place..and there are so many wonderful, new places for us to explore...but I live with a family of home bodies who are happy to just veg on the weekend...so I push and pull and they are all happy, once we get there. We spent a long weekend in Scotland, at the Turnberry Resort in Ayr Scotland. We flew one hour to Glasgow then drove one hour...the hotel is stunning and the staff welcoming and helpful.. Here is the view from our hotel room when we woke up - we saw the sea, Ireland, rabbits, pheasants, sheep, dogs, cows and horses..from this window: In the background is an island called Aisla Craig - an uninhabited island is formed from the volcanic plug of an extinct volcano. The island was a haven for Catholics during the Scottish Reformation in the 16th century, but is today a bird sanctuary for puffins and other birds. After a yummy breakfast, the girls and I headed for ...
Comments